If commercial refrigeration is an integral part of your operation chances are that it is going to be vital to keeping your company healthy. Whether it is for food, beverages, storage or processing – keeping your system healthy is important to keeping your business bottom line. Having routine preventive maintenance performed is the best thing you can do for your systems and the health of your business. When we perform a maintenance inspection we are meticulous in ensuring that all aspects are covered. Not only do we monitor temping and ambient conditions but below is a list of some of the other major components covered.
Responsible for removing heat from your system and transferring it to the outside, the condenser coil is vital to your commercial refrigeration system. There are a few things that we do to make sure it keeps running smoothly, such as:
- We clean and wash the coil – we use everything from pressurized water to commercial cleaning products to assure that the system isn’t impeded by dirt or rust.
- We check the fans- we assure that they can still rotate, fasten all screws, and check for damage.
Without evaporators, all would be lost. This part of the system is always hard at work keeping your fridges cool. Many companies will just lightly brush over them, and some may even forget them all together. Not us, though. We make sure to:
- Inspect the electrical panel – we check for frayed wiring, and make sure that all connections are tight.
- Check the fans – the fan is essential to the system so it is important to always check to make sure that the blades turn properly, and replace any that are worn.
- Check for proper drainage – Everything that goes into the drain pan should drain freely. We check the pipe to make sure that it isn’t blocked, and that it is operating smoothly.
The compressors are responsible for raising the pressure of the vapor and pushing it into coils on the outside of the fridge. These usually require more maintenance than the other parts. We carefully make sure to:
- Tighten all connections – we check for damaged wiring and replace anything that needs to be removed.
- Check the components – we make sure that all electrical equipment is in working order.
- Check the insulation – we make sure that the insulation on the refrigerant line is not worn. If it is, we recommend it be replaced.
- Make sure refrigerant is at the proper level.
Getting preventative maintenance performed on your commercial refrigeration system is the most important step you can take toward ensuring that no emergencies happen, and that you prolong the life of your system. Having a professional commercial HVAC and refrigeration company perform that maintenance is equally as important. These are just a few of the things that we check during routine preventative maintenance. Nobody does it better than we do.